In support of SG Care & Share Day, Community Chest will be delivering a Fú Dài (Mandarin for ‘Fortune Bag’) to beneficiaries of 14 local social service programmes such as the AWWA READYCARE Centre, Darul Ihsan Orphanage, Dorcas Home Care Service and Kampong Kapor Family Service Centre.
From 5 – 19 January 2015, Qoo10 customers can buy a Fú Dài for $50 via the listing (http://list.qoo10.sg/g/422146484) - 100% of the monetary proceeds will go to the Community Chest and the Fortune Bags will be delivered to the beneficiaries.
The Fú Dài contains festive items and daily necessities such as canned food and 3-in-1 drinks sponsored by Community Chest’s partners. The 14 charities to receive the Fú Dài are:
1. AWWA Community Home for Senior Citizens
2. AWWA READYCARE Centre
3. Bright Hill Evergreen Home
4. Chen Su Lan Methodist Children’s Home**
5. Darul Ihsan Orphanage**
6. Dorcas Home Care Service (Presbyterian Community Services)
7. Kampong Kapor Family Service Centre
8. Lions Befrienders
9. PERTAPIS Senior Citizens Fellowship Home
10. SAMH Bukit Gombak Group Homes
11. Singapore Cheshire Home Residential Care
12. The Salvation Army (Grace Haven)**
13. Thye Hua Kwan Home Help Service West
14. TOUCH Ubi Hostel
** Community Chest supports this programme through volunteerism and not through funding.
The Official Qoo10.sg Blog!